Software Development and Integration Lead
Acupath Laboratories is looking for a full-time Software Development and Integration Lead to lead our high-performing software development team. This person will play a key role in Acupath’ s business by overseeing the development team, focusing on maintaining and updating existing systems, acting as Oracle DBA, lead the migration of existing systems to web based technologies, program equipment and EMR integration and interfacing, and lead other long-term growth. This person will serve as the development lead, able to discuss data structures, introduction of new technologies, and methods of achieving system goals.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this person will be responsible for working the day-to-day operations of the software development team, be the first point of escalation and technical contact for the team and assist in project management and prioritization.
- Manages all activities of the software development team and works with CIO to manage and prioritize all software development requests.
- Collaborates with the IT team and business management team to establish priorities for development and manage team performance.
- Performs code reviews and writes code for new and existing systems.
- Act as Oracle DBA, responsible for overseeing the maintenance and security measures of company databases.
- Develops bidirectional interfaces for client EMRs and lab equipment to our LIS.
- Writes, reviews, and revises product requirements and specifications for Acupath systems.
- Analyzes software requirements, implements design plans, and leads QA testing, sprints and build release.
- Uses expertise to contribute towards building best-in-class products by analyzing business needs and developing software systems that exceed business requirements.
- Leads development of migration of existing systems to web based platform.
- Participates in other areas of the software development process.
- Creates an excellent customer experience by being proactive in assessing escalations and working with the team to respond appropriately.
- Develop project requirements, developer processes, and end-user documentation.
- Manage and mentor software development team.
- 2+ years of experience with Angular.
- 2+ years of experience with .net 4.7
- 2+ years of experience with Oracle Databases.
- 2+ years of experience with HL7.
- 2+ years of healthcare experience.
- 4+ years of experience in designing and coding software.
- 2+ years of experience designing and coding web-based software.
- 2+ years of experience in Agile methodologies.
- Experienced with Mirth.
- Experienced with Service Oriented Architecture.
- Expert understanding of RESTful APIs to connect to backend services.
- Experience with Microsoft technology, including WPF .Net, ASP .Net, C# .NET, .NET CORE, MS SQL, SSIS, Azure, BitBucket/GitHub
- 2+ years of managing a software development team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Up to speed on software Cybersecurity changes and working knowledge of vulnerabilities.
- Attention to detail and an eye for design.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Well-developed ability to take a systems approach and to understand the interaction between components (i.e., hardware, software, consumables).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Labs and Laboratory Information Systems.
- Experience with FHIR, (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources).