We are currently seeking a Clinical Laboratory Technologist to join the Molecular Infectious Disease Dept. This individual will work as an assistant to our highly talented team of molecular biologists, who are seeking an understanding of how to navigate through this pandemic of COVID-19 testing. This is a permanent position as we are currently fulfilling the need of COVID-19 testing. Our Molecular Infection Disease Division is always growing as we focus on research ranging from various biological and molecular areas.
Immediate hiring hours.
Sunday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 1:00am
The Clinical Laboratory Technologist will perform all necessary laboratory testing in the extraction, amplification, and detection of disease. They will work collaboratively with the laboratory team to provide COVID-19 testing services.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Maintains the laboratory area in a clean and orderly manner. Follows written lab procedures for the correct handling and processing of specimens
- Performs lab procedures of moderate and high complexity in accordance with standards set forth in sectional laboratory procedures.
- Prepare samples by pipetting and aliquoting biological specimens and prepare extraction and PCR experiments.
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all technical procedures in the department and operations of all instrumentation. Reviews all pertinent SOPMs. Manipulate and operate simple and complex laboratory equipment including computers; may perform maintenance and problem-solve equipment malfunctions.
- Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities. Operates laboratory instruments and performs routine maintenance & procedural calibrations. Diagnoses, troubleshoots and documents all lab instrument and/or reagent problems.
- Follows protocols for acceptance/rejection of patient results
- Maintains inventory of all lab equipment; store supplies when/if necessary, and sets up lab for the beginning of the day
- Medium work of lifting up to 50 pounds and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- NYS Department of Education License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (or higher)
- Associate of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or Related Life Science (or higher) preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a CLIA laboratory (required for a Technologist)
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant computer programs