We are currently seeking a Laboratory Specimen Accessioner to join our team Monday – Friday during the day shift.
The ideal candidate will perform proper specimen accessioning by confirming patient ID, physician information, collections and receiving and accurately labeling the specimens. The candidate will also provide customer service by answering technical questions and directing others to the appropriate resource. The qualified individual will manage specimen accessioning accurately and efficiently to provide quality specimens for laboratory testing and ensure accurate specimen processing to maintain specimen integrity.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others to optimize job performance and foster working relationships
- Minimum of 1 year prior experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent degree required
- Ability to efficiently key in data and medical terminology
- Typing 20-40 works per minute and good interpersonal skills
To keep our staff safe, we have implemented non-contact temperature taking and now we are conducting the COVID test swab free to employees. In addition, all staff is to wear PPE and follow the social distance rule.